Friday, August 4, 2017

The Other Emily Saso strikes again.

I just got this email from LitMag:


Please note that the Emily Saso mentioned here is not me. As a matter of fact, LitMag recently rejected a story I submitted. (No hard feelings, LitMag!) I wrote about the Other Emily Saso on this blog before. She's hard to track down, and I never did manage to find an email address. I was hoping she'd get in touch, but perhaps she's immune to the tug of the self-Google?

You might think, "Gee, things sure could get confusing with two writers of literary fiction named Emily Saso on the planet!" And you'd be right! Weeks ago, I was approached by a NYC literary agent. He emailed me instead of the other me, and wondered if I (she) wanted to consider representation. This was an impressive agency, so I couldn't help myself. Here's what I told them:

Hi X, 
This is so funny. I am a novelist, but I didn't publish a story called "All the Bells."
I do know that there is another writer out there named Emily Saso who, I think, lives in NY state. I actually blogged about her here:
http://egoburn.blogspot.ca/2014/07/will-real-emily-saso-please-stand-up.html?m=1
Because the universe is just bonkers like that.
Funnily enough X 2, I am at work on my second novel right now. I've even spoken to a few editors about it and they love the concept. And I don't currently have representation. Maybe it's fate that you emailed me instead? ;)
Anyways, best of luck finding your other Emily Saso! And if you ever want to see some of my stuff, let me know.
Cheers,
Emily Saso
(The Toronto one)
www.emilysaso.com

So yes, I am trying to take advantage of this situation because no one -- not me or even Other Me -- could make this $hit up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment