Tuesday, February 14, 2017

All Lit Up (like literally in flames)

A members-only racket club caught fire in my neighbourhood this morning. Once I learned that everyone got out safe, the whole scene became very exciting. I inhaled toxic fumes! I saw a lady firefighter! And the local news helicopters have been buzzing around for hours! By the way, how the hell can the local news afford helicopters? I don't know a single person who watches the local news.

Speaking of fires, since I won't be blogging much from now until February 2018 because of a self-imposed, self-flagellating novel-writing schedule, I thought I'd go up in flames by "ending" on the most personal note I could with this essay I wrote for All Lit Up. Feedback to date includes "It gives me all the feels!" and "Um, I think you need to see a therapist." So it's like ten blog posts in one!

If you haven't heard of it, I'm happy to introduce you to All Lit Up, an organization that creatively, generously and enthusiastically helps independent Canadian publishers spread the word about their books and authors. Check out their web site and discover a new favorite author or indie press. Oh! And today, Valentine's Day, they put up a very funny infographic book matchmaker.

I'll still be blogging now and then during this period, mostly easy-bake stuff like upcoming events and mini reviews of books I'm obsessing over. (Speaking of, check out this review for the brilliant Deborah Willis's new short story collection.) But I'll basically be in hibernation, conserving my energy for the long hard winter that is novel two. So this is me saying laterz before I burrow into my cave, live off my fat stores, and reduce my metabolic rate and skeletal muscle mass by forty-five percent.


No comments:

Post a Comment